I’ve been doing TV since I was 21 years old. Started as a prompter operator, then I was taught to do graphics and eventually, by self study, became a video editor.
Me being on cam is totally unexpected. One time, a certain news has to be delivered immediately and since I was the only one available there, I was pulled out from doing PA works and asked to cover it. That was the first time I did a stand-upper then offers started coming in:
- SBN 21 News Reporter covering Senate and DFA beats
- Main Host of the children show “Teleskwela”
- Host/Segment Producer of UNTV’s Bread Tambayan under a school organization – Bread Society
- Segment Host in UNTV’s long time running morning show “Good Morning Kuya!”
- Host/Producer Sound Connection
- Host of Bread ‘n’ Butter together with Kitt Meily and Arlene Razon (2009-2015) then Jenny Fajardo and Natasha Ledesma (2015-2016)
Aside from hosting, I was also given the opportunity to produce some TV programs in UNTV including;
- Sound Connections – a music show hosted by Paw Diaz and yours truly
- Bread ‘n’ Butter – a business and lifestyle show in UNTV that has been running for 7 years now.
My hard work and dedication paid off as Bread ‘n’ Butter started getting recognized and has been a regular nominee in award-giving bodies including PMPC for TV, Anak TV, Gandingan Awards, Golden Dove, etc. I have also been nominated as Best Morning Show Host at the 26th PMPC Star Awards for TV, Best Travel show hosts at the 27th PMPC Star Awards for TV, and Best Lifestyle Show hosts at the 28th PMPC Star Awards for TV along side Kris Aquino, Tonipet Gaba, Ricky Reyes, Isabelle Daza and Solenn Heussaff.
Morever, my experiences on television isn’t just about hosting and producing. Last 2015, I was able to have a Radio Show under Wish 107.5, with my DJ name Flynn Ryder. I have also guested in TV shows like Opinion Leaders in GNN, Pop Talk for GMA news TV, a few soaps in ABS-CBN.
Doing commercials and print ads under freelancing and Modelshope Agency are also in my list of experiences in the industry.
Here are some of the works I did on and behind the camera.